What is a potpourri?
A potpourri is a mixture of dried flower petals, leaves, and spices used to make a room smell pleasant, as defined by the Britannica Dictionary.
Potpourris can be dry and placed in a jar or bowl or simmered in a small pot with water.
Why are potpourris a better alternative to Bath and Body Works?
My Bath and Body Works collection has made a few dents in my wallet over the years hence why this is one of the best alternatives for at-home fragrances. Most of the ingredients used in potpourris are affordable and 100% natural, making them stand out next to Bath and Body Works products.
Don’t get me wrong, Bath and Body Works has some to-die-for scented candles and fragrances, especially during the Christmas season. One of my favorite candles this year is their new Merry Cookie 3-Wick Candle.
How to make the best Christmas potpourri?
This yummy delicious potpourri is everything you need for this holiday season. Your home will feel warm and cozy once you get this pot boiling, so here’s what you need.
- Ground Ginger
- Orange Peel
- Vanilla/Almond Extract (whichever you prefer)
Christmas Potpourri Instructions:
- Pour 2 cups of water into a small pot.
- Add ½ tsp of ground ginger with some orange peel into the pot.
- Next, add ½ tsp of cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks, then add ¼ tsp of vanilla/almond extract.
- Turn the heat on low and let the pot simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the time is up, turn off the heat and keep the pot uncovered to allow the yummy fragrance to fill the atmosphere.
You can reuse your potpourri up to 3 times before throwing it away.
This simple recipe is all you need for the best Christmas potpourri this holiday season.